COVID-19: Traveler Update
Madeline Island Vacations - Traveler Update – May 11, 2020
To Our Valued Guest Traveler’s:
We are excited to welcome you to Madeline Island and beautiful Lake Superior soon! The health and safety of our employees, guests and homeowner’s remains our highest priority as we move forward with the 2020 vacation rental season. We are planning on reservations starting on June 1st and will continue to monitor local and state officials for any changes in the next phase of opening. We have adopted the following protocols and check in procedures, based on recommendations of the CDC and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services:
- Per CDC Guidance MIV will be adding an extra day between guest reservations.
- Madeline Island Vacations (MIV) Staff will be trained and instructed in proper health and hygiene; and will wear protective gloves and masks following the CDC recommendations.
- Employees who have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed into the workplace.
- MIV Staff will clean and disinfect the home with approved FDA sanitizing products. Specific instruction will be given to ensure high touch objects are indeed sanitized including but not limited to all tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, remotes etc. All key tags and keys will be disinfected after each rental.
- CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services recommendations:
- All throw pillows and additional blankets or throw covers from all chairs and couches will be removed from the property. This is a health and safety issue and we want you to be aware, so you are not surprised at the lack of these items upon checking in to your vacation rental.
- Removal of all comforters, pillow shams and decorative pillows from all beds. MIV will provide linens, blankets and pillows for each bed. However, if you feel you need additional blankets, pillows or other coverings, we ask that you bring those with you. As a fun idea for kids and twin beds, bringing your own sleeping bags is a great option!
- All MIV sheets are professionally laundered. All blankets, body and hand towels, washcloths and kitchen towels will be laundered at our MIV office with the use of bleach (on appropriate materials), and the warmest appropriate water settings based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services requires the removal of all food items including spices, oils etc. from cupboards and refrigerators after each rental (this includes condiments and salt & pepper). You will need to bring all these items with you for cooking.
- Madeline Island Vacations will provide a starter set of paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, hand soap, dishwasher soap (if dishwasher is at the home) and Kleenex.
- Check in Procedures:
- MIV will continue to offer contact-less payment; prior to your arrival we will charge the final balance of your reservation. Curbside check in will begin June 1st.
- Where possible, we will offer to open the property and direct you to the home you are renting. To coordinate this process please contact our MIV Office prior to your arrival.
- We encourage the following Etiquette while visiting Madeline Island:
- Please always maintain proper social distancing with respect to your fellow citizens.
- The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. Please bring proper face coverings with you while on vacation. Face Coverings are highly recommended especially when in close spaces. If one of our local businesses require face coverings to enter, we respectfully ask you to comply with their wishes.
As we enter this season, we thank you for your confidence; and we look forward to seeing you soon! Feel free to reach out to us with any comments or questions via email or phone at: [email protected] or 715-747-2388
Also, feel free to visit the Madeline Island Chamber of Commerce page to view any updates from our local businesses! To be directed to that website: Please Click Here
Madeline Island Vacations - Traveler Update – March 24, 2020
Gov. Evers Directs DHS to Issue Safer at Home Order - please click here
Madeline Island Vacations - Traveler Update – March 23, 2020
We continue to monitor the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19); and, are following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health Services along with our local government entities, public health authorities and medical professionals.
The safety and security of our guests and employees remains our highest priority. We are temporarily adjusting our policies to allow for maximum flexibility to help make the right decisions regarding travel to the area as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve.
- Madeline Island Vacations office will be closed to the public beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020. All phone calls and emails will be answered remotely from our home offices.
- Madeline Island Vacations will not be accepting any new reservations with a scheduled arrival date before June 1, 2020.
- For all current reservations scheduled to arrive prior to a June 1, 2020 we have two options:
- Cancel your reservation with a full refund without any penalty; or,
- We can alter your reservation for arrival after June 1, 2020 (if the property is available) **Please note that the June 1, 2020 date will be re-evaluated based on any new information we receive from our local and regional authorities**
- All current reservation with a 60-day or 120-day cancellation policy, are now changed to a 30-day cancellation window.
Given the evolving nature of news regarding the COVID-19, we urge anyone making travel plans to first be aware of current information from local and national health authorities. Both Bayfield County and Ashland Counties have issued travel advisories, please click on the links below.
Ashland County Travel Advisory
This page will be updated with additional information as we have more information to share.
Your Madeline Island Vacations Team